There is not a whole lot to this story. It is pretty simple....
My patience ran out the other day. I saw her. She ran right out the front door around 5:30pm. I am pretty sure the whole thing was premeditated. Earlier in the day I kinda had noticed a suitcase by the front door, but i didn't really pay that much attention.
It was her suitcase, Patience that is. She was packed and ready to go.
Can't blame her.
I had been working her 24/7 with no smoke breaks or lunch breaks. She had asked several times to just let the kids go hog wild and take a breather.
I demanded that she stay on top of things.
Funny thing is... after she bailed on me i was faced with 2 choices:
Yell and have a meltdown or let the kids go hog wild.
Yep. Hog wild and Butt Naked.
I sent her an email today begging for forgiveness and offered a her new and improved contract.
Baths each night, glass of wine every now and then, and Hog wild parties.
She responded.
Apparently, Tolerance was hiding in her getaway suitcase.
I hadn't even noticed that i had lost Tolerance.
They were enjoying "The Life" and weren't sure if they wanted to come back to our home.
i reminded her and Tolerance of how sometimes the giggles filled our house and what a baby kiss felt like and a monkey hug too and how the smell of peanut butter meant there was a kid near by and innocence is most pure in a child and how they strive to please sometimes and all the creative. messy, imaginative things we accomplished each day.
She listened.
She cried.
She wanted to come back.
I guess they made it all the way to Canada. It's gunna take a few days before they're back.
So..... I'm eagerly waiting by my front door with three little ones all in my lap.

1 comment:
Kitties, knees and wonderful stories about Patience and Tolerance - I do miss you SO! Please tell me you will come visit us soon!
Post a Comment