When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and I could say I used everything you gave me. ~ Erma Bombeck
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Autumn calms me
these were taken where we celebrated kenzie's birthday.
i still have a few more birthday pictures to post...
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Words of Wisdom From My Children
"Mommy, is that a picture of Minna when she was new?" (It's a picture of my mom when she was young.) ~Mackenzie 02/16/10 ****************************************** "Mama, hot moon!" She was pointing to the sun ;) ~Kiera 10/10/09 ****************************************** "Heaven is God's house & your heart is his backyard." (super sweet) ~Mackenzie 7/5/09 ***************************************** "MOM, dad didn't let me get any accessories for my ice cream!" ~Kienan 7/5/09 ***************************************** "My blood is frozen!" (Referring to her scab)
~Mackenzie 6/16/09
*****************************************
"Look mom I'm Molting!" Kienan's scab was falling off! Ha-ha!
~Kienan 4/29/09
*****************************************
"Daddy go faster! Step on the puddle!"
~Mackenzie 3/8/09
*****************************************
Mom: I need you guys to make good choices while we're here.
Kienan: That's cuz we are in republic, right mom? (public)
3/5/09
***************************************** "We should just buy a cow and save money."
(We drink a gallon of milk a day.)
~Kienan 1/17/09
******************************************
"Mommy, Josh tried to turn on the lights and they didn't work cuz they ran outta gas." (Referring to a power outage at home).
~Mackenzie 1/11/09
*******************************************
"I'm grown up cuz' i got my receipt" (from his purchase at the $.99 Store).
~Kienan 1/6/08
*******************************************
"Mommy, i was giggling SO hard i peed my pants!!!" (Cute when you're 3 1/2 years old, not so cute when your 35 years old)
~Mackenzie 10/14/08
******************************************* Mom, can i go to a "Nose Picking Class" to help me stop picking my nose? (i think he came up with this cuz kyle was going to a "Stop Smoking Class!" LOL!
~Kienan 10/13/08
********************************************
"That's called a 'rat'."
Mackenzie referring to the Computer 'Mouse' :)
~10/01/2008
********************************************
"Mom!!! Mackenzie has another ear infection. She's not listening to ME!"
~Kienan 09/29/08
*********************************************
Scene: Josh at the refrigerator for the 10th time in one evening.
Malaka: "Josh...... Why are you in the frig again?"
Josh: "I'm maintaining it's population."
Thank you for making sure it doesn't get overcrowded!
~09/13/08
********************************************
Mackenzie: "Mommy, my draw you."
Mommy: "Ohh, I like when you draw pictures of mommy. I look so skinny!" :) (it's a STICK FIGURE!) hee-hee
~09/10/08
********************************************
"That's a person sitting on a ball." (Referring to the handicap icon)
~Mackenzie 09/09/08
********************************************
Mommy: "Hey, look at the praying mantis!"
Kienan: "COOL! I want to catch him!"
Mackenzie: "Is he praying to God?"
~08/30/08
*********************************************
"Mommy, these shoes are hurting my nickels (ankles)"
~Mackenzie 07-20-08
*********************************************
i found this jotted down in a book ;)
We were leaving for a trip when my concerned son said, "Let's go to Arizona before it closes!"
~ 08/04/06
**********************************************
"Mommy, can i hook up on line?"
"What?!?!?"
"I want to hook-up online about lizards."
~Kienan 07/01/08
*******************************************
I told Mackenzie that i had just called to make a doctor's appoinment. She curiously asked, "With Dr. Suess?"
~06/02/08
*******************************************
"But mommy the Slip n Slide was my bath today!"
~Kienan
05/19/08
*********************************************
Kienan's financial investment tip of the week: Mom, just go buy more money.(i think it sounds better than Bush's Stimulus Package)
02/01/08
*********************************************
Kienan is definitely at the age where kids stay the darnest things. We were playing a game, "Guess Who" and he asked if Mackenzie's person had CLEAR HAIR!!!! translation: BALD.
~01/17/08
********************************************
Kienan experinced his first toilet overflow. He bolted out of the bathroom yelling, "There's a POOP FLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!"
~01/09/08
*********************************************
"Babies are little grown-ups."
~Kienan
11/01/07
*********************************************
I told Mackenzie to run to the bathroom to get a tissue because her nose was OOOOOOZING with thick snot. She came running back to me with tissue in hand claiming "MY NOSE IS MELTING!!!!!!!!!"
10/04/07
*********************************************
Kienan crawled into bed with me the other morning and wanted to lay with me, so i put my arm around him which exposed a mildly unshaven armpit. His comment was, "Mom, you need to shave that beard right there.
05/03/07
********************************************
While watching someone put on deoderant Kienan asked, "Is that Pit Lotion?"
04/20/07
*********************************************
"Yesterday we were taking a walk. Both kids wanted to stop, but I told them that baby really wanted me to exercise. Kienan informed me that I could do jumping jacks instead. I explained that I really couldn't jump since baby was in my tummy. He responded with, "Mom, then you can just do "Jacks" (as he clapped his hands above his head eliminating the jumppart.)" I thought that was pretty cute and ingenious. But then his next sentence caused me to raise an eyebrow. "You just really need todo A LOT of Jacks, Mom."
04/08/07
********************************************
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly annouces she never did care for pie. ~ Tenneva Jordan
i adore my husband (most days), when i wake up in the morning i get excited to spend the day with my kids, i am inspired by ocean sunsets, sunflowers make me smile all over, i try and play in the sandbox, swing on the swing, and fingerpaint at least once a month... my being yearns for my yoga... my favorite stores are old navy and barnes and noble, my past students have filled my soul with more than i could ever ask for, i want to travel the world with my family, there's nothing more peaceful than warm summer arizona nights, music wakes me up inside, i decorate for the holidays, running is my own private vacation, i bake bread, i feel blessed with the friendships in my life, i watch my brothers race cars on saturday and i watch football on sundays, i have a book addiction, i hope i was a photographer in one of my past lives, autumn days make me want to drink hot apple cidar, i want to complete the ironman triathlon when i'm 40, my family is close, avacados are yummy, and i'm pretty darn happy with the life that was chosen for me. .. ..
No comments:
Post a Comment