1. I just started drinking coffee only 2 months ago. i LOVED coffee ice cream, coffee candies, coffee anything, except coffee.
2. Starbucks pumpkin spiced lattes rock and i make my own iced coffees in the mornings.
3. I used to be scuba certified.
4. Kyle and i had our first date at baja fresh in simi valley. He claims i was late...
5. Pisces is my astrological sign and i totally believe in all that astrological stuff.
6. My newest hobby is making homemade strawberry jam.
7. I'm going to attempt homemade marmalade as a gift.
8. Cockroaches gross me out to where i think i may faint.
9. I have broken my arm 3 times and had eye surgery when i was 2 years old.
10. I learned how to drive an 18-wheeler in my twenties.
11. Collecting children's book is a hobby of mine. luckily I have children that love a bedtime story.
12. I get butterflies when i drive into the parking lot of a bookstore... i'm not kidding
13. Traveling inspires me.
14. Internationally i have traveled too Egypt, London, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas
15. In the USA i have visited 21 states
16. Wearing festive socks is one way i celebrate holidays
17. i have gray hair, but i color it a couple times a year.
18. Corvettes are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE car. I drove a light blue convertible corvete in 1987. i won't ever forget.
19. i was a teacher 9-11-01
20. I was nominated for Disney Teacher of the Year and also Teacher of the Week through a local radio station.
21. In 1994 i completed the Los Angeles Marathon in 6 hours and 47 minutes. i was tired.
22. I completed a Sprint Triathlon in 2002.
23. When i was a senior in high school i dated the quarterback. I just came across his football jersey this summer. Weird.
24. Sunflowers are my favorite, favorite, favorite, flower. The kids and i grew our first Sunflower Garden this summer.
25. Ice cream is a weakness; especially coffee flavored.
26. We lived in Arizona for 5 years.
27. Kyle and i sat in our driveway in Arizona on some old couches and drank beer with our good friends. Good memories.
28. I was a teacher for 7 years. So rewarding and unforgettable! I still keep in contact with a few of my students.
29. We just added a black kitten named Tommy to our family.
30. I played the flute for 5 years and the trumpet for 3 years.
31. I was in the marching band in a Catholic high school.
32. I was also on the swim team. I did the IM and butterfly.
33. Kyle and i met in college my last semester of school.
34. I lived with a family in Mexico for 2 weeks so that i could better learn spanish and earn college credit.
35. Hotter weather suits me better than cooler weather.
36. My first major in college was Oceanography. I ended up graduating with a degree in Liberal Arts with a concentration in Spanish.
37. I once had a 55 gallon salt water fish tank. Occupants: sea horse, octopus, sea urchin, sea anemone, and colorful fish.
38. Most of my childhood weekends were spent at the racetrack watching my dad race cars. Now my brothers race. Fun tradition.
39. My name means "queen."
40. Watching TV is not my favorite and can get on my nerves after awhile. I do watch "The Biggest Loser" and "ER" when i can.
41. I've seen Tim McGraw in concert 4 times. I guess you can say i am fond of his music.
42. i like when Kyle wears his cowboy boots and cowboy hat. Sexy.
43. My parents gave me a horse for my 16th birthday. His name was Alexnder Akalam. Alexander was after my middle name Alexandra and Akalam is my name backwards.
44. i want to sew my kids clothes. i'm learning slowly. Perhaps i'll be proficient enough to sew Kiera's high school graduation outfit.
45. My 2 least favorite jobs were cleaning horse stalls and public pool bathroom stalls.
46. I was a lifeguard for 5 years.
47. I taught swim lessons for 10 years. I even started my own "Backyard Swim School" one summer.
48. The beach is so calming to me. I wish i lived there before i married.
49. Other concerts i have attended: Yes, Alanis Morisette, Metalica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Cure, EMF, Dave Matthews Band, Kenny G, Genesis, Rush
50. My bed is 4 feet off the ground. I use a stool to climb into it each night. It's made of lodge pole. I love it except not so much the 3 times i was pregnant.
51. Cheap white Zinfandel is just fine to me.
52. We have a beer tap in our backyard.
53. My favorite time of the year is autumn. i like to say autumn, not fall. i really love the colors, and pumpkin patches and thanksgiving.
54. Kyle and i will celebrate 9 years of marriage on November 20th. We served a Thanksgiving Feast at our wedding on the beach. He proposed to me on the beach with champagne and plastic champange glasses. We stopped and picked up an itialian dinner before heading down to the sand. My ring was a custom claddagh ring.
55. Before children kyle and i had a boat. Our favorite memory is night fishing with the dogs on the boat eating cheese-its till dawn.
56. I am a HUGE football fan. The Kansas City Chiefs have been My Team since i was a kid.
57. I am the commissioner of our Fantasy Football League.
58. I love everything about camping: the smell, the outdoors, roughin' it... just being away from the technology and the daily grind.
59. When i was little i took ice skating lessons, karate, and tried the diving team.
60. I participated in a horse show once and took last place.
61. In college i tried cross-country. I finished last one race and that was my last race.
62. Jellybeans are my all time favorite candy with red vines in a close second.
63. My maternal grandparents are still alive. How lucky i am.
64. Riding on the back of a motorcycle with kyle is a good way to spend a date together :)
65. My feet are really ugly. They've been called flintstone feet. My toes aka tic tacs.
66. I've always had muscular, skinny legs.
67. All 3 of my kids have blue eyes and blond hair.
68. Magazines are fun. I tear things out of them all the time and put them in a 3-ring binder. My 2 favorites are "Wondertime" and "Family Fun."
69. I like my baths and showers super hot.
70. Kyle and i lost our wedding rings when we moved from arizona to california. He bought me a new ring in 2004. He still doesn't wear one.
71. Raised in the 1970's i lived in a house with orange, fabric couches.
72. i have 2 younger brothers who look like my older brothers :)
73. My parents have lived in the same house since 1975.
74. I've been stung by a jelly fish.
75. Photography is definitely a passion of mine. Especially of my own beautiful children and God's creations.
76. Going grocery shopping is my favorite "chore."
77. Menu planning is my latest activity. So far, very effective for the grocery budget.
78. I worked in a flower shop for many years. I loved that job.
79. I have a very weak bladder, but a strong heart.
80. We had a pet chicken when i was in 7th grade. I hatched chicken eggs for my Science Experiment and we kept one for a pet. I won 3rd place that year.
81. I have owned 2 homes: 1 in Arizona and 1 in California
82. I have chicken pox scars on my face from kindergarten.
83. My dad calls me "pook." It was "pooky" when I was little.
84. All of our names have the letter "k" in it.
85. Kahlua is my favorite hard alcohol. i like it so much that my dog's name is kahlua.
86. Thunder storms are cool. Kyle and i used to sit on the front porch when we lived in arizona and watch the lightning. Kinda romantic if you aren't struck.
87. Eating healthy is important to me. I wish i ate more fruits and vegetables and less of the junk.
88. I love to dance but i don't think i always look light on my feet.
89. I have a competitive nature but with a twist of fun. I like to rile people up.
90. Retirement to me is living by a lake where my children always come home.
91. My heritage is Egyptian and Norwegian. Wonder where my parents met?
92. In my younger years i would have done skydiving in a heart beat. Now? Not so much.
93. My jeep wrangler was my baby.
94. My first car was a 1973 VW baha bug. It was red with a black hood. There were no backseats and i had to hit the dashboard to make the radio station change. There was also no effective heating system in the car. I also had to pay my dad $500 for the blown motor.
95. Kyle bought me an iguana for my birthday one year. We named her Louise and she roamed freely in our house. She was even potty trained. We loved her a whole bunch. She died a tragic death.
96. I think a wood burning fire makes a house feel like a home.
97. My next mission is to make or sew or create a quilt for our bed. Deep reds and browns.
98. i went to the Olympic Baseball game in 1984 at Dodger Stadium.
99. I love to sing in the car and i don't care who sees me.
100. i just started blogging this year and i like it!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment