Just came back from swimming and dinner at my parents' house. My mom made a yummy norweigan potato dumpling. All the kids played Marco Polo. i got thrown in the pool.... hmmm.... Always good to be with family :) The celebration was my Grandma's 87th birthday. She is beautiful and amazing and sweet and wise and gentle as ever. i have so many great memories about my grandma :) She tried to get me in the kitchen on a few occasions. I avoided cooking like the black plague. Of course now i wish that i had learned all those recipes. I remember summers sitting in my grandparents tree eating lunch. I remember my grandma's homemade chocolate chip cookies. A few years ago i asked my her to make a family afghan for us. It's my new favorite blanket. I remember all her little treasures and keepsakes. And i really really love my grandma's hugs and kisses :) Kiera was named after my grandma, June. What a lucky little girl (Mackenzie is lucky too as she was named after Kyle's grandma, Cecilia).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA! I LOVE YOU!

Here are all the girls on Mother's Day this year.
FOUR GENERATIONS!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment