*Make a movie! I wanted to do this last year and just never got to it. I think it may be easier with the kids a year older. I am hoping to use some props and kiera can hold signs :) And then i know a really good home movie editor whose services i could pay for with homemade chocolate chip cookies..... josh.
* The Great American Backyard Campout on June 27th- This is us the past couple of years.
We are also camping in Yosemite & Laughlin this summer. :) Perhaps a favorite of mine!
Hoping to tie in Star-gazing/identifying while lying on a blanket in the backyard. If you can't find a Star Wheel to purchase you can print one out here.
Flashlight Tag. SUPER FUN! Everyone hides and the seeker runs around with a flashlight looking for all the hiders in the backyard :)
Mackenzie 2006
Kiera 2009
* Make our own ice cream. Yes, i am going to Wal-Mart to get an ice cream machine!!!! We already have a snow cone machine which is great to share with the neighborhood kids, parties at our house, & just a fun treat. We use it all summer! I'm thinking i know some friends and family that might enjoy an ice cream delivery from the donovan clan!
* I would like to leave our 4 walls every monday or whatever day works & just spend the day gallivanting around southern california. Here are some of my hopes & wishes:
http://www.childrensnatureinstitute.org/ - i think it would be fun to do a moonlight hike
http://www.rhythmchild.net/ - hope too see them at the descanso gardens. we absolutely LOVE THEIR CD. If you like to see your kids dance around to music other than "Wheels on the Bus" then you must purchase! You can hear them if you click on their website. LOVE IT!!!!!!
http://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx - FREE FAMILY MOVIES!!! Yep. Free. It's just first come first serve and they are doing it in all the states.... i think.
http://daytrippingmom.blogspot.com/ - i will follow her blog and all the amazing ideas she has already researched!
k, so i still have tons more i wanted to share, but the pillow is calling my name. i hope to be better at blogging over the summer and maybe even add in the so many, many events i missed!
Check back for MORE SUMMER IDEAS! Also, don't hesititate to post under the comments some of your tried and true activities :)

1 comment:
If you haven't bought an ice cream machine yet, don't! I have one that we haven't even used once that I plan on getting rid of! It is an ice cream maker/frozen yogurt maker and I think it comes with some recipes in the manual. Let me know!
Post a Comment