WOW! i just can't seem to find any extra moments these days! We've been painting some rooms in the house, playing softball, watching football with friends, and just getting through each day as best we can! I am very happy to began the season of autumn and embrace all that is has to offer! I already started by making some homemade strawberry jam and muffins and banana bread. I just started menu planning which has helped our grocery bill, my blank mind when it comes to deciding dinner at 4:30 and the opportunity to try new dishes. I've typed out a list of "dinner options" and everyone gets to pick one meal for the week and then i fill in the blanks. I printed out a menu to write in all down including a space for my weekly grocery list. Last week was my trial week. Next on my list is sewing Halloween costumes and making a quilt for our bed. :)
i have an assortment of things i would like to journal about, hence the title!
First, I just want to remember these clever sayings i've seen on various church signs:
1. BIBLE stands for: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
2. Ch ch: What's missing? (
ur)
3. Ever see a U-Haul behind a
hearst?

Second, my aunt Claudia and uncle rick came for a visit a couple of weeks ago from Oregon. They rode their Harley all the way down here. We were able to spend a couple of days with them one of them at our house for dinner. Here is great auntie reading a bedtime story.

Here is great uncle rick being his silly self! (and yes i will still mail your stuff!)

Third, Kienan started skateboard lessons and ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT! He gets ready super fast each morning so that he can practice skateboarding on the front porch before school. I did a Skateboard Dinner Party for him and his friend Saturday with hot dogs while watching Fuel TV after skateboarding all day. We also had his first parent/teacher conference for kindergarten and in so many words she said he was at the top of his class!!!! VERY PROUD :)

Fourth, Mackenzie is LOVING preschool! She looks for the paints every morning as that is her favorite. She is just now remembering her friends names so she speaks about them all the time. She can spell her name verbally and written. Her 4
th birthday is around the corner if you can believe that! I'm looking into ballet classes for her :)

Fifth, Kiera has become a spit fire. She is very opinionated, knows exactly what she wants and has no qualms about expressing herself. Her smiles and kisses puts each and every one of us under her Spell of Absolute Cuteness!! She is starting to babble more and will climb anything and everything.... ladders in the garage, monkey bars, chairs.... no fear :)

Sixth, Josh has the highest grade in is Economics class and I believe an "A" in his Statistics class.
YAY! He is working at our local pharmacy store and still making great videos. He and a friend "Jammed" in our backyard Sunday night. When i say "Jammed" i mean full on drum set and guitar with amps at 8:00 at night :) To him it was the "greatest jam session EVER!" :)
~Here are just some random photos~
Labor Day Weekend at my parent's house
I love footie pajamas!!!
Tara's Annual BBQ (been going off and on since i was 19 years old)
As you can see I still have some serious dance moves!
It's hard to party when you're so young :)




~Sisterly Love~
(I'll be using this picture when they are 17 and 14
and fighting over the bathroom mirror.)

No comments:
Post a Comment