I joined a non-profit organization called The Box Project a few years ago and my family and I never completed the connection. So i have been waiting for the past couple of months to reconnect with a new family and I was super excited yesterday to get an email stating that they had found us a PERFECT FAMILY to sponsor. Rosie is a 58 year old grandmother with two grand children: a 5 year old boy and a 9 month old little girl who live in Shelby, Missouri. HOW PERFECT FOR OUR FAMILY! The way it works is you send a box to them once a month with basic necessities and supplies (clothes, food, cleaning supplies, school supplies, toiletries, and goodies every now and then). They also live at a poverty level and sometimes have minimal education. You are suppose to actually develop a relationship with them through pictures and letters and are not expected to just send stuff each month. I also feel better about seeing the benefits of our donations. The goal is to encourage "your family" to move up in the world and not stay poverty stricken.
My two main goals for being involved with The Box Project is to give to a family that may not be as blessed as we are and to teach my kids about giving to others and to appreciate how fortunate we all truly are. I will be sending my first letter this week to Rosie and the kids so I will keep you updated!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment