I WROTE THIS BACK ON NOVEMBER 27, 2007. BUT I WANT TO HAVE ALL MY THOUGHTS IN ONE PLACE, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD POST THIS OLDIE BUT GOODIE :)
I came to the notion last week that I officially have earned my "mommy wings" (ya know, like pilot wings). Anyways, there have been other cues that I am really a mommy; the macaroni & cheese cuisine, sleeping half on half off the bed so I didn't disturb any one of the other 4 sleeping in my bed, wiping snotty noses with my own hands and then wiping it onto my own pants, hearing "MOMMY" orchestrated 15 times in 15 seconds, etc… But, nothing like this small series of laundry room events.
Last week, I heard a LOUD clanking noise coming from the dryer every time it spun around. I was sure that whatever the cause, it was going to leave large dent marks on the inside. Come to find an assortment of ordinary stones rattling around. Kienan's Explanation: "Mom, these are my treasures I found on our walk!" Right.
The next time I heard a VERY LOUD thunking noise (even louder than the first) coming from the dryer every time it spun around so I ran to see what I needed to fish out. I searched and searched the dryer and could not find the culprit. Until of course, I was folding the clothes and it was then I discovered a cell phone enwrapped in my son's shirt. Kienan's Explanation: "Oh mom, thanks. I have to call my work." Gotcha.
The last episode was not noisy, but a lil messy. As I was loading the clothes into the dryer from the washing machine, I noticed spots. Lots of spots on lots of my son's clothes. Spots that don't look pretty when the shirt is being worn. Of course, I couldn't find the cause. Not until I was folding laundry did I find the EMPTY chap stick tube. Empty because it had melted all over his clothes. No need for an explanation.
It was then my "mommy wings" appeared. I floated above the laundry room looking down envisioning myself finding an assortment of little boy treasures in his little pants pockets. Perhaps, an ink pen, a frog, empty snail shells, and maybe some day a folded up love letter from a girl. Whatever my future laundry room adventures may be, I'm glad to be a mommy of a curious, imaginative, little boy.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment