Thursday, July 17, 2008

Garden Tidbits

The earth laughs in flowers.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view. ~H. Fred Ale

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi


...we have tomatoes, onions, peas, green beans (8 sprouts this week), a few radishes, i think some carrot seeds finally found a happy place, watermelon plants wanting to bloom if the dogs would stop trampling them, 5 pumpkin sprouts, an eager grape vine, 1 flourishing raspberry plant, 1 trying to survive raspberry plant, squash or zucchini plant, herbs and SUPER TALL SUNFLOWERS of a sorts of colors.

We brought back a few plants from grandma's garden in iowa hoping to keep her with us all the time. 1 of the 3 Black Eyed Susans seems to have settled down and sprouted some new leaves. We also brought back a pianese plant that originated 90 years ago in kyle's great grandparents farm. i'm still not sure if it's gunna make it, but we haven't given up yet!

Gardens are a form of autobiography. ~Sydney Eddison

No comments: