Wednesday, April 1, 2009

6 Years Ago

I've been gone soooo long that i don't even know where to begin. It's a bit overwhelming... and i don't even have much time right now. I think that i will start with the important event of my first born turning 6!!!!! Of course, i need to revisit the events of his birth day so that they are documented for his enjoyment in 10 years and my memory loss in 5 years. :)

Here I am prego with my first (wish i had thought to put pics like these for the girls' birthdays). I became quite uncomfortable my last few weeks of pregnancy, but continued to work (teaching middle school). I think i spent most of the time in my "Teacher Chair."

I had my Tuesday appointment in which my doctor said i had preclampsia with my high blood pressure and massive swelling in my feet (i could only wear slippers). She sent me home and told me to wait for a call as soon as a hospital bed was open in labor & delivery. Doesn't that sentence sound like it could be soon? Ya, nooo.. i slept sitting up that night on the couch waiting and waiting for the call.
It wasn't until 9:00 the next morning that we were told we could come to the hospital for this medical induction. So yes, i was induced that morning February 27, 2003 at Shea Hospital in Scottsdale, Arizona. My friend Kristin and Kyle of course were by my side. Things did not move very quickly so some other medical stuff was done to get the labor going. I walked and breathed and was determined to do this natural-no epidural. My labor pain was ALL IN MY LOWER BACK.... worst labor pain of all three... My boss, Jayne, and Kyle constantly massaged my lower back, but to no avail. I could not handle the pain after some 5 or 6 hours i think. I really don't remember how much time passed. Eventually, in the early evening i started 1 of the 4 epidural doses. Did not like the feeling of the epidural!!!!!! I ended up throwing up, spiked a fever and just felt crappy. I finally started pushing about 5:00am. Kyle was such a great coach and husband especially considering he had NO SLEEP! My father-in-law, Patrick, and Kristin waited patiently in the waiting room.

At 6:32 on the morning of February 28th my beautiful son was born (also my parent's wedding anniversary). My greatest memory was when the doctor laid him on my chest i looked up to see the tear fall from Kyle's eye and land on Kienan's bare skin. :) xoxoxoxoxo

This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PICTURE from that day. We played the Nora Jones CD over and over and it was raining outside. SO peaceful and so calming. How sweet does that lil boy look?!?!??


So we celebrated his 6 years of existence at the bowling alley!!!! It was just family and his favorite friends from across the street. We played as 2 teams, had pizza, birthday cake and opened some very cool 6 year old presents!





Birthday Tradition in our house is to have birthday muffins on the morning of your birthday. Right now some of Kienan's favorite things are; Spongebob (i'm so over spongebob), making funny faces when his picture is taken, swinging in the backyard, thinking 6 years old is the same as being 18 years old, journaling and money.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIENAN CHARLES! I HOPE THAT WE EXPLORE AND LEARN AND DISCOVER AND LAUGH AND HUG AND READ AND RUN AND PLAY AND SING AND DANCE AND HAVE A BLAST TOGETHER!!!!

I LOVE YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!

XOXOXOXOXO

No comments: